I invited a few people initially to write on this blog without being meticulous of what their aligning ideology may be, and ask them to invite based on their discretion anyone who may have important comments to contribute.
It has been brought to my attention that at least one member who was invited, Darryl Wellington, does not wish to contribute to anything "anti forum" related, and please Darryl correct me if I misunderstood. His reaction calls for a definition of what this blog is "anti" to!
This is not a personal blog by any means, it is a dialectic expression of those invited, so I can only express my own views and perception and I hate to be the one to define anything. Because of Darryl's request I will try to define my perception of what this is anti to.
It is anti to the naive perception that if we "act" to change our world, the product will be desirable, when we, as progressive activists, never really communicated and understood what it is we want to change the world to.
It is anti to the naive notion the world has developed to what it is today solely due to our leaders' acts and choices. Anti to the notion that class struggles, movements, protests, wars, fights, prisons, executions, did not affect the outcome of the world we live in today.
Anti to blaming the "capitalist ruling class" for the short comings of an inequality system to make us unhappy. So unhappy as to take it to the streets and to "social forum" settings to change the world so we can be happier.
Will my acts to change my community, in Charleston, SC, my State of South Carolina, my country of the USA, have an impact on the lives of let's say Rwandan refugees? The civil war there, in Darfur, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, etc etc.? When that change takes place is it going to be better for them, for us, for me, and if there is a difference what is it?
What is the nature of the difference amongst left wing activists around the world?
aaahhh...... now I am getting to something more concrete, I am isolating the very individual within the global and the political. Think locally act globally! Is that the Archer Daniel Midland (ADM) slogan, hidden behind the "Supermarket to the World" slogan?
So, Darryl, is this enough of a definition for you of what this may be an anti to? If not, why don't you define for us what you perceive I am anti to! AntiTrotskyism and AntiStalinism it most definitely is, due to its open door to express views format.
In solidarity, always!
Does it matter who I may be or is it what I say that matters?
This is a political blog not a personal one!
17 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment